Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.

Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.

Facebook Sign-In

Hi News addict,

Join the News24 Community to be involved in breaking the news.

Log in with Facebook to comment and personalise news, weather and listings.


Ben Affleck shaves off lucky beard

27 February 2013, 13:44

Los Angeles - Ben Affleck shaved off his beard after winning at the Oscars.

The Argo actor-and-director had deemed the facial hair a lucky charm during the awards season but parted with his beard after the film won the Best Picture prize at the Academy Awards on Sunday.

The 40-year-old star removed his facial fuzz during a low-key Oscars after-party in the hallway of Craig's restaurant in west Hollywood.

A source told E! News: "He did it to mark the end of a chapter. It had that ceremonial quality to it."

'It was hated in my home'

The director's showbiz friends - including Argo producer George Clooney and his girlfriend Stacy Keibler - were among the witnesses, and TMZ reports that guests also joined in the fun, helping Ben cut down his chin bush.

Ben had previously admitted his wife Jennifer Garner and their children - daughters Violet, seven, Seraphina, four, and 11-month-old son Samuel - were unimpressed with the bushy beard he grew for his role in the political thriller.

He said: "My wife is a very polite and kind woman. She and the kids did not like the beard. It had an exposed wire vibe. It was hated in my home."

The director was the toast of the awards season this year, with Argo taking home the Best Picture gong at the Oscars, as well as Best Director and Best Film at the BAFTAs and Golden Globe Awards.

- BangShowBiz


Read News24’s Comments Policy

Comment on this story
Comments have been closed for this article.

Read more from our Users

Submitted by
Jayne Zack
I am in ODM to stay, Busia Depu...

Busia Deputy Governor Kizito Wangalwa told Deputy President William on the face that he was in the Orange Democratic Movement to stay. Read more...

Boda Boda operators in Bahati rai...

Motorbike Boda Boda operators from Bahati Sub county on Tuesday took to the streets of Nakuru’s CBD lamenting over what they term is harassment by patrol police officers in the area. Read more...

Submitted by
Gabriel Ngallah
Human Rights activist lives in fe...

The Human rights fraternity in Mombasa is currently living in fear after the home of one of the vocal human rights champion was invaded on Monday night. Read more...

Submitted by
kel wesh
Poisonous milk powder siezed by K...

The Kenya Revenue Authority has seized two containers with illegal milk powder which had been declared as gypsum board at Mombasa port. Read more...

Submitted by
William Korir
Be ready for protests, Raila warn...

Expect protests if meddling with Auditor General continues, Raila Odinga has said. Read more...

Submitted by
Kenya says will return to interna...

Kenya will return to international markets to borrow when it feels the time is right, National Treasury Cabinet Secretary Henry Rotich said on Tuesday. Read more...